While I was on holiday, I got through the second round of the summer contest at Copic Marker Norge. Quite a pleasant surprise that was, as I didn’t think I stood a chance! Now that I am home again I only have until Friday to get my next project completed. Between starting on my Master’s Degree at Uni and working, I only had Wednesday to make an attempt for an entry. It did not at all go to plan!
The requirement for this challenge is to use the Copic blender tool. Normally I merely use it as an eraser for when I get a bit carried away with my colouring, so I figured I would have a go at colouring in a few images and trying various techniques for the blender and make a card with whatever I preferred. A lot seemed to follow the recent tutorial of using cloth with some blender ink to carefully pat the image to create subtle textures, so I wanted to try something different. It is great being challenged to do something you’ve never attempted before!
Apparently the blender had other plans entirely. When I had finished one image, the blender ran dry! Noooo! With no time to purchase refill or another pen, I only had two options: to make a card with my first trial project, or not enter in the challenge. As the second option seemed daft, I chose the first.
I have used paper from Magnolia and Papirdesign. The Martha Stewart punched snowflakes have gotten a dash of glitter glue and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The image stamp I used for this is from Lili of the Valley, whereas the text stamp on the bottom of the easel card is from North Star Stamps.
Colours used in this image are the following copics:
Blue: B91, B93, B95
Red: R24, R29 R97
Yellow: Y00, Y04, Y09, Y17, YR15
Green: G40, G82, G94
Brown: E42, E44, E51, E53, E57
+ the colourless blender
+ white pen
The transparent blender was used to create what felt like a billion dots for snowflakes. I wanted to give the impression of the first snowfall, hence I coloured the grass in green and added snowflakes there as well. I merely let the pointy tip stay on the paper for a couple of seconds in each spot. (It probably would have sufficed with less than a second if I wasn’t using an almost dry pen…) When the effect wasn’t as prominent as I had hoped for, I went over and redid the little dots. Finally I added some tiny dots with a white pen to give it some depth. Until, of course, I ran out of blender… sigh. It has definitely given me a lot of inspiration for further use of the blender for other purposes than erasing!
This card has been entered into the following challenge:
Copic Marker Norge –Sommerkonkurranse, del 3