Alex Syberia autumn harvest

Alex Syberia Design is out with a new release today and I’ve been lucky to be asked to guest design for it! For my first project I’ve made a slimline card using this harvest stamp. There is an Instagram Hop for this release today as well.

After I had coloured it all up, I finally came up with a layout I wanted to try. As much as I keep telling myself it’s only paper, it’s still a bit scary to just tear up the paper with your coloured image after you’re not only done with it, but really happy with it (especially that pumpkin)! Thankfully it didn’t only work, but I got it pretty much how I’d pictured it.

I used kraft cardstock for the base of the card and the paper that is peeking out from behind the coloured panel is from the latest Maja Design release. I’ve used a die and enamel dots from Altenew and then embossed an MFT Stamps sentiment on matching orange cardstock.

Copics used: YR24, YR27, E08, E18, E19, YG21, YG93, YG97, YG99, V22, V25, V28, BV23, BV25, BV29, R12, R43, R46, R37, R39, W0, W1, W3, W5, W7, YG21, G21, G94, G99

LotV 3 little reindeer

The new Lili of the Valley release is due on Wednesday and it’s full of adorable little Christmas stamps as well as other fun things such as background papers. This time the stamps will be available as both .png and in lighter colours so you can colour them in no-lines without it being too fiddly. Great, right?

I wanted to make a slimline card using the three little reindeer. I coloured them up in no-lines and once it was pretty much all done, I decided that I wanted to use a printed sentiment to go with. I had already made the card front double thickness and painted white around the edge as well as finished colouring up the image so I was prepared for the printing to go bad. In fact I just did a quick eye measurement for the positioning of the sentiment as I thought it would just ruin what I’d made. (It’s only paper, right, so have to give it a go anyway, haha.) It worked out perfectly and the placement looks like it was done a lot more carefully than it was! I definitely don’t recommend doing it this way, though, haha!

The sentiment is from the Christmas Circular and more sentiments. I removed the word Christmas to make room for my chipboard and then moved the two snowflakes a little bit further down. I also drew in a few extra stars to make them cover more of the card panel. Finally I glued on three enamel stars. Let’s have a close-up of it.

And a close-up of the reindeer. You can see what colours I used below.

Copics used: E41, E42, E43, E44, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99, R24, R27, R29, R59, R89, BG93, BG96, BG99, C0, C1, C2, YR23, YR31, E34, RV10, RV32, RV34, E70, E71, E74, E77, N9, W0, W1, W3

Whimsy penguins with snowman

One of the great advantages of digital stamps is how you can split and resize and remove things to fit your project. That is what I’ve decided on this time. All of these penguins are part of the same digital stamp. The stamp is part of the new digital release at Whimsy Stamps and is called Penguins Build a Snowman.

I opted for a slimline card this time using the great slimline film strip die. I digitally cut the digital stamp into the sections I wanted and resized them accordingly so each would fit in one of the frames. Then I erased the lines that was a part of the other sections of the original image to make them look like stand alone stamps.

To finish it off I used an inverted colour version of Merry and Bright sentiment stamp and some sparkly enamel dots.

Copics used: N0, N1, N2, N3, N5, N7, N9, C0, C1, C2, B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, YR31, YR23, E34, E97, E41, E42, E43, RV10, RV32, RV34, BV23, BV25, BV29

Statement Flowers slimline

I have made my very first slimline card! You might be getting tired of them by now, but I have coloured up the Statement Flowers by ALTENEW yet again. I can’t help it, I love that stamp! This time I cut out the two flowers after I’d coloured them up. Then I used Pinkfresh slimline die to make a card base onto which I stamped a few of the leaves from the Leaf Clusters stamp set using one of the greens from the Zesty Limes ink cubes set. I used the same green to stamp the “my friend” which is also from the Leaf Clusters stamp set. The beautiful happy birthday die is also from Pinkfresh and I added some enamel dots around the text.

As it is the first time making a slimline card it’s also my first time trying to take a photo of one. It seemed a bit empty without props, so I figured I’d give that a go for a change. I think it worked well enough for a first try!

Copics used: RV000, RV91, RV93, RV95, E70, E71, E74, E77, G94