A fun girly card today using Sugar from the Pollycraft collection at Whimsy Stamps. The cluster is made by using various die cuts on bits of scrap paper. The Quick Strips die set is great for this! The sentiment is from Enjoy the Little Things which is one of their clear stamp sets. I really quite like that stamp set as it has loads of lovely little sentiments.
There’s no secret that turquoise is my favourite colour. For my birthday this year I got a gift certificate for stamps at Power Poppy and I bought loads! These sunflowers in a vase is one of them. Isn’t it pretty? I layered it on the side of the panel and printed on a part of it. I think it looks pretty good on the side like this. I used a sentiment stamp from a collaboration set made by Hero Arts and Gina K Design and inked it up with ink from Altenew. The enamel dots are also from Altenew, whereas the cardstock is by MFT Stamps.
I love this stamp (and it’s actually in stock as I type up this blog post as well, for a change!). I know I recently coloured it up in pale pink (see here), but I couldn’t help myself and had to colour it up in yellow as well. Yellow is really not my colour, but it is a very pretty colour when it comes to flowers so I figured it would be perfect for this stamp! The stamp, Statement Flowers, is by ALTENEW. This time I turned the stamp set around a bit more to make a low card instead of a tall one. It’s great that you can use the stamp in either direction!
I used Inkon3’s Fadeout Ink to get the no-lines effect. I love that ink pad! It’s by far my favourite of the ink pads I have tried for no-lines colouring! I stamped the sentiment (from the Paint-a-Flower: Poppy set) using Evergreen from the Zesty Limes mini cubes set, the smaller sentiment stamp is from the Statement Flower stamp set, but it’s in quite a faint shade of yellow, so not easy to photograph. The enamel dots are from Altenew as well, but unfortunately they didn’t photograph very well either this time as they are such a pale green colour.
Here is another photo of the card.
Copics used: YR20, YR23, YR31, E34, E70, E71, E74, BG90, BG93, BG96
The release of the watercolor elements from Lili of the Valley is coming up fast. Here I’ve used another one of them together with an image from a previous release this time. It’s easy to use them with a coloured image layered on top with just a few embellishments. The sentiment is also from Lili of the Valley.
On Sunday last week I had a random impulse for a card. I spotted a recently added challenge at the Hobbykunst challenge blog on Facebook which said to make a specific size and type of folded card. I had just finished one of my other deadline project and figured “hey, why not”. I then asked for trouble, I mean a colour suggestion, and was given the colour yellow. It took me a whole hour to actually find yellow patterned paper I could use and that says a little of how much paper I have and the amount of yellow that was in it. Now there’s no yellow left.
I used a Mo’s Digital Stamp image which I’d coloured up previously. It was a fun project so there many be another card of two similar to this soon, if I find the time!
Here is a peek of the inside of the card. I’ve used some text stamps from Mathia design.
And a final photo of the project