Crafty Meraki using MFT’s birdie brown

I’m here today to share my first project as part of the Crafty Meraki design team.

I have made a card using products from various companies where the stamped image is by MFT Stamps and is called Bring out the Sunshine. I have coloured it up with Copic Marker and then cut out the girl and the flower basket by hand. The card itself is a regular A2 card and I’ve used dark blue card stock for the card base.

The background on the card is made using Pinkfresh’s Pop Out Diagonal Stripes stamp set and I inked it up using 4 different shades of blue going from light at the top to dark at the bottom. A bit less than half of the panel is covered with stripes. The sentiment is a hello die by Altenew with an embossed sentiment go with. It’s always handy to have dies of this kind and and there are a few other options in the shop, too, such as Pinkfresh, and MFT Stamps (Sweet Hello, and Little Hello). The embossed “my friend” is one of the text stamps on Altenew’s Leaf Clusters stamp set.

Anemones

I’ve used the Paint-a-flower Anemone by ALTENEW. Very curious what the new paint-a-flower will be, but for now I will admire the new release they have out today. (You can view it here.) It is stamped twice onto the card stock, at different angles, and then coloured up with Copic Marker as usual. I’ve used one of the stitched rectangle dies by MFT Stamps, a birthday die by Pinkfresh as well as an embossed sentiment from the Enjoy the Little Things stamp set by Whimsy Stamps. The enamel dots are off this set at Altenew.

The purples are V000, V12, V15, V17 and V09

LotV 3 little reindeer

The new Lili of the Valley release is due on Wednesday and it’s full of adorable little Christmas stamps as well as other fun things such as background papers. This time the stamps will be available as both .png and in lighter colours so you can colour them in no-lines without it being too fiddly. Great, right?

I wanted to make a slimline card using the three little reindeer. I coloured them up in no-lines and once it was pretty much all done, I decided that I wanted to use a printed sentiment to go with. I had already made the card front double thickness and painted white around the edge as well as finished colouring up the image so I was prepared for the printing to go bad. In fact I just did a quick eye measurement for the positioning of the sentiment as I thought it would just ruin what I’d made. (It’s only paper, right, so have to give it a go anyway, haha.) It worked out perfectly and the placement looks like it was done a lot more carefully than it was! I definitely don’t recommend doing it this way, though, haha!

The sentiment is from the Christmas Circular and more sentiments. I removed the word Christmas to make room for my chipboard and then moved the two snowflakes a little bit further down. I also drew in a few extra stars to make them cover more of the card panel. Finally I glued on three enamel stars. Let’s have a close-up of it.

And a close-up of the reindeer. You can see what colours I used below.

Copics used: E41, E42, E43, E44, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99, R24, R27, R29, R59, R89, BG93, BG96, BG99, C0, C1, C2, YR23, YR31, E34, RV10, RV32, RV34, E70, E71, E74, E77, N9, W0, W1, W3

Statement Flowers slimline

I have made my very first slimline card! You might be getting tired of them by now, but I have coloured up the Statement Flowers by ALTENEW yet again. I can’t help it, I love that stamp! This time I cut out the two flowers after I’d coloured them up. Then I used Pinkfresh slimline die to make a card base onto which I stamped a few of the leaves from the Leaf Clusters stamp set using one of the greens from the Zesty Limes ink cubes set. I used the same green to stamp the “my friend” which is also from the Leaf Clusters stamp set. The beautiful happy birthday die is also from Pinkfresh and I added some enamel dots around the text.

As it is the first time making a slimline card it’s also my first time trying to take a photo of one. It seemed a bit empty without props, so I figured I’d give that a go for a change. I think it worked well enough for a first try!

Copics used: RV000, RV91, RV93, RV95, E70, E71, E74, E77, G94